Thu, May. 7th, 2009, 09:47 am
I am back on track. I hiked 9-10 miles on Sunday and then started the Couch to 5K yesterday. Needless to say my legs are SORE! I am going to the gym to do some work on my arms today after work. I weight myself this morning and came in at 195.8
Lets hope that goes down quickly
Virgin Strawberry Daiquiri4 - 1 Cup Servings = 1 Point Each
(entire recipe = 3 Points) Ingredients
2 cups diet Mountain Dew
2 cups no sugar added frozen Strawberries
2 Tbs Fresh Lime Juice
2 Tbs Fresh Lemon Juice
1 pkg sugar free strawberry JelloInstructions
Counts as 4 servings of Fruit
- Place all ingredients in a blender
- Blend on high until smooth
Margaritas WW Style2 Points Ingredients
1 can diet Fresca or Squirt
1/8 cup lime juice (fresh is best)
10 ice cubes
1.5 oz TequilaInstructions
- Place all ingredients in a blender
- Blend on high until smooth
Wed, Jun. 14th, 2006, 11:49 am
I have not posted in awhile. I am still on Weight Watchers and loving it so far. My gf even likes it. She eats whatever she wants for the most part, however when I am cooking dinner or any other meals for the both of us I make them WW friendly. She is not a picky eater so she has no problem eating what I make. She says she can already see a difference in herself and me. So far I have lost 8.2 lbs. I go in for another meeting tonight *crossing fingers*
I also started doing my measurements. I did my first on 5/30/06 and then my second one on 6/7/06 and I had lost 3 inches. I will be doing my measurements again this evening when I get home.
Keep everyone posted.
Finally a Barbie I can relate to. At long last, here are some NEW Barbie dolls to coincide with her and OUR aging gracefully. These are a bit more realistic...
1. Bifocals Barbie. Comes with her own set of blended-lens fashion frames in six wild colors (half-frames too!), neck chain, and large-print editions of Vogue and Martha Stewart Living.
2. Hot Flash Barbie. Press Barbie's bellybutton and watch her face turn beet red while tiny drops of perspiration appear on her forehead. Comes with handheld fan and tiny tissues.
3.. Facial Hair Barbie. As Barbie's hormone levels shift, see her whiskers grow. Available with teensy tweezers and magnifying mirror.
4. Flabby Arms Barbie. Hide Barbie's droopy triceps with these new,roomier-sleeved gowns. Good news on the tummy front, two-MuMus with tummy-support panels are included.
5. Bunion Barbie. Years of disco dancing in stiletto heels have definitely taken their toll on Barbie's dainty arched feet. Soothe her sores with the pumice stone and plasters, then slip on soft terry mules.
6. No-More-Wrinkles Barbie. Erase those pesky crow's-feet and lip lines with a tube of Skin Sparkle-Spackle, from Barbie's own line of exclusive age-blasting cosmetics.
7. Soccer Mom Barbie. All that experience as a cheerleader is really paying off as Barbie dusts off her old high school megaphone to root for Babs and Ken, Jr.. Comes with minivan in robin-egg blue or white and cooler filled with doughnut holes and fruit punch.
8. Mid-life Crisis Barbie. It's time to ditch Ken. Barbie needs a change, and Alonzo (her personal trainer) is just what the doctor ordered, along with Prozac. They're hopping in her new red Miata and heading for the Napa Valley to open a B&B. Includes a real tape of "Breaking Up Is Hard to Do."
9. Divorced Barbie. Sells for$ 199.99. Comes with Ken's house, Ken's car, and Ken's boat.
10. Recovery Barbie. Too many parties have finally caught up with the ultimate party girl. Now she does Twelve Steps instead of dance steps. Clean and sober, she's going to meetings religiously.. Comes with a little copy of The Big Book and a six-pack of Diet Coke.
11. Post-Menopausal Barbie. This Barbie wets her pants when she sneezes, forgets where she puts things, and cries a lot. She is sick and tired of Ken sitting on the couch watching the tube, clicking through the channels. Comes with Depends and Kleenex. As a bonus this year, the book "Getting In Touch with Your Inner Self" is included.
Cajun Grilled CornPrep time: 10 min Cooking time: 25 min
6 ears of corn
1/2 cup light butter
6 tbsp. Cajun seasoningInstructions
To grill corn in the husk, follow the recipe above, remove silks from the ears of corn but leave all the layers of husk on. When folding the husks back over the corn, tie the ends with strips of husk or strink. Soak in cold water 10 minutes, drain, and cook 15-20 minutes, turning frequently.
- Peel back husks from the corn, pull out the silks and leave just a few layser of husk on the corn.
- Spread butter over each ear of corn. Sprinkle Cajun seasoning lightly over each ear, or to taste.
- Fold corn husks back over the corn. Wrap in foil. Place on grill for 25 minutes, turning occasionally.
- Unwrap foil, peel back husks and enjoy
It was beautiful this weekend in San Diego so my girlfriend, roommate and I thought we would lay out. It was the first time in YEARS my stomach has seen the light of day. So it got burned pretty bad. I must say though it was so great to feel confident enough in my own skin to wear board shorts and a sports bra around my house. I am not at the point enough to wear it outside of the house (no one wants to see that) but I will get there. I am excited to do my weigh in tomorrow.
Two Cheese Vegetable LasagnaPrep time: 30 min Cooking time: 50 min
1 sprays cooking spray
1/2 cup onion(s), diced
2 cup button mushrooms, or cremini mushrooms, sliced
2 medium garlic clove(s), minced
16 oz chopped frozen spinach, thawed and well-drained
15 oz fat-free ricotta cheese
1 cup shredded fat-free mozzarella cheese
1 large egg white(s)
1/8 tsp ground nutmeg
14 oz canned tomato sauce
14 oz canned diced tomatoes, with basil, garlic and oregano
8 oz uncooked whole-wheat pasta, lasagna noodles (9 noodles)
2 Tbsp SoyaKaas Grated Parmesan Style Soy Cheese, or similar productInstructions
- Preheat oven to 350ºF.
- Coat a large nonstick skillet with cooking spray and set pan over
medium-high heat. Add onion, mushrooms and garlic; sauté until mushroom
liquid cooks off, about 5 to 7 minutes. Add spinach; cook until liquid
evaporates, about 2 minutes more. Remove skillet from heat and transfer
mixture to a large bowl. Add ricotta, mozzarella, egg white and nutmeg;
mix well to combine.
- Mix together tomato sauce and diced tomatoes in another bowl. Spoon 3/4
cup of tomato mixture into bottom of an 11 X 7-inch baking dish. Top
with 3 uncooked lasagna noodles. Top with 3/4 cup more of tomato
mixture and 1/2 of cheese mixture; spread cheese mixture to make an
even layer. Top with 3 more noodles and press noodles slightly into
cheese mixture. Top noodles with 3/4 cup more of tomato mixture and
remaining cheese mixture. Top with remaining 3 noodles, pressing
noodles slightly into cheese mixture. Top with remaining tomato
mixture. Sprinkle with grated cheese topping.
- Bake until lasagna filling is bubbly and top is golden, about 40 minutes. Let stand 10 minutes before slicing into 6 pieces.
- You can lots of vegetables to the cheese filling to bulk it out and add very low calorie, fat-free flavor.
- Making our own tomato mixture to create a flavorful pasta sauce that isn’t loaded with oil or salt.